Job Title: Customer Service Supervisor
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Supervise the daily function of Customer Service for the employees while providing and promoting customer service excellence, increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
1. Manage the Customer Service daily work and actions of employees and assist other supervisors in the department as requested.
2. Administer phone duties to ensure continuous coverage by overseeing the phone queue and coordinating breaks and meals for CSR’s as needed.
3. Oversee continuous skills improvement and professional development of assigned Customer Service representatives (CSR’s).
4. Verify data entry accuracy on high value orders. Ensure a high level of accuracy on all orders
5. Direct work load between assigned employees and coverage during employee vacation and absences to ensure a balanced work load.
6. Handle assigned key accounts and assist on incoming queue calls as required
7. Intervene and handle escalated customer complaints/problems offering suggestions, ideas and/or solutions when a CSR cannot resolve the issue(s).
8. Provide updates of new policies, programs and procedures to CSRs.
9. Issue discipline as warranted.
10. Monitor attendance of CSRs for compliance to company standards.
11. Discretionary approval of no charge orders, concession sales, concession freight and additional discounts as defined on the current approval level matrix
12. Approve RMAs as defined on the current approval level matrix
13. Ensure all backlog, manual hold orders, and late order reports are completed by CSRs.
14. Monitor all key account open order reports to ensure they are being sent by CSRs.
15. Comprehensive management and documentation of employee performance through performance appraisals, counseling documents, skill level test results and other forms
16. Prepare and execute Performance Appraisals and Merit Increases for employees in the department in a timely manner, a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to due date.
17. Hire new and replacement employees; recommend/justify additional or reduction of employee headcount; recommend/justify terminations as necessary
18. Efficient and expeditious training of new hires
19. Review employee compensation to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace and that individual compensation is aligned with the employee’s value and contribution
20. Develop and maintain metrics that demonstrate assigned department’s productivity, quality, employee and customer satisfaction
21. Develop and implement an employee incentives and awards program in conjunction with HR department
22. Run and manage monthly staff meeting to review department performance and goals
23. Serve as liaison with manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, and shipping personnel on production orders
24. Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Subordinates:
Supervises the assigned customer service staff
Interfaces regularly with employees including those at remote locations, customers (distributors and end-users), and vendors.
DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
Independent decision making is required within generally established guidelines.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have strong product knowledge as typically gained through 5 or more years of company experience. Manufacturing/Logistics/Production and continues improvement processes knowledge. Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Skills Demonstrated By:
- Ability to minimize customer complaints
- Ability to multitask, handling more than one project at a time
- Ability to train and supervise
- Ability to use Root Cause analysis methods and implement corrective actions when needed
- Ability to communicate to upper management in person, using metrics and other communication metho
JOB /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven working experience as a customer service supervisor with a minimum 3-5 years preferred, but not required.
- BS degree in Business administration preferred or related field, but not required
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Experience in providing customer service support
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Advanced trouble shooting and multi-tasking skills
- Strong client communication skills (in addition to face to face)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position requires being able to work in an office; sitting for long periods of time. Occasionally travel to Mexico
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume including salary history to: email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently.
Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.