Job Title: Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director Engineering
Manage and lead engineers, designers and technical writers in creating mechanical, hydraulic and electrical products, ensuring special orders, engineering change requests, modifications to current products and all required documentation are properly processed.
- Manages the handling of all engineering special orders, meeting with customers to ensure their needs are met in a timely manner; troubleshoots customer problems.
- Oversees engineering change requests ensuring appropriateness of the request and its timely completion.
- Reviews, assigns and may be involved in projects modifying the engineering on current products.
- Troubleshoots manufacturing problems that may require an engineering solution.
- Ensures engineering orders are complete, accurate and written in accordance to company policy; reviews drawings to ensure company standards are met.
- Participates in and may chair the Change Control Board and other groups that communicate and coordinate products changes and introductions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Subordinates:
Directly supervises engineers, designers, drafters and/or documentation control clerks; responsibilities include recommendations for hiring, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews. Approves employee time records, work assignments and monitors compliance within established policies and procedures.
Interfaces regularly with employees including those at remote locations, customers (distributors and end-users), and vendors.
DECISION-MAKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING:
Handles routine to complex decisions related to engineering product changes and documentation
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering as typically gained through a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and an understanding of the company’s business systems including forecasting, manufacturing and warehousing. Good project management, oral and written communication, interpersonal and managerial skills and a sense of urgency to complete projects in a timely manner. Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Solid Works. Proficient on Business System to find bills of material, costing, vendors, revisions and other pertinent data. The incumbent typically has 10 or more years of related experience.
Skills Demonstrated By:
- Ability to work on multi-functional teams that may include manufacturing, customer service, marketing and external customers to understand and resolve engineering issues.
- Ability to support manufacturing to build operational products that meet customer expectations.
- Ability to effectively meet internal and external customer requests for special engineering projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage the administrative and documentation requirements of engineering, prioritizing and handling multiple tasks and requests.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position requires being able to work in an office and R&D environment; may require travel to warehouse, manufacturing, field and/or vendors.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume including salary history to: email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently.
Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.